Last weekend was the Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab. Because of the 4-day workweek that we are on, we headed down early to spend some time in Arches National Park. This year we ventured to Delicate Arch. There were quite a few people hiking up, but it seemed like no one was speaking English - I had to keep asking Adam what languages people were speaking. I guess I figure that since he speaks a different language he should be able to decipher what they were. When Adam declared Finnish as one of the languages that is when I figured he was just making it up as he went. But I kept asking him anyway.
Delicate Arch is pretty incredible. I didn't realize quite how big it was from the pictures that I had seen. It's crazy to think what kind of erosion caused the shape of delicate arch, however, I am glad we didn't have to deal with it while we were there.
Once at the arch a extremely kind man offered to take a picture of us together. We gratefully accepted and took our poses while the man snapped a few shots. We thanked him again and he went on his way. As we looked at the camera we realized that the last picture on it was one that we had taken, and there were no pictures of the two of us. He hadn't held the button down long enough for the pictures to actually take...
Naturally we went to our next best option, the blessed self timer. It was at this point that I wished we had brought our camera with the remote. Instead we had our little camera which I propped up on a rock, pressed the button, and ran like crazy back by Adam. I am quite pleased with the shots we got.
Also, I cut 15 inches off of my hair last weekend to donate to Locks of Love. Chelsie Toone's mom cut it and I love it, she did a great job.
While normally Adam would have been running the race - instead this year we got to watch the kids. Belle and Olivia had a ton of fun being pushed around in the stroller and playing with Amanda and Whitney. These cuties gave us all a run for our money trying to keep them all happy.
Don't be deceived by these cute smiling faces, jk, we had a ton of fun trying to get Madi and Platte to smile. Adam did a great job entertaining the littlest ones.
Heather and Elizabeth ran the 5 mile race while Platte, Daniel, Lyndon, and Andrea all did a great job running the half marathon. Apparently they were all too fast and passed by as just a blur of color. Way to go runners!
Moab Diner for dinner made for a delicious conclusion to a wonderful weekend. Thanks to all the Rickses for making this all possible!

I am impressed by the self timer picture!--wow. and your hair----SOOOOO CUTE!!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteCute hair girlfriend! I'm going to make you watch my kids-by yourself! ha
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun. I bet it was a little tough to be the picture takers instead of the runners. Way to go Ricks family!
ReplyDelete